Monday, October 1, 2012

Prince Edward County: The Grange of Prince Edward Vineyards & Estate Winery






As the scarves come out and the Halloween costume scheming begins, I am quickly realizing that it's October. I can't believe summer has come and gone, and I still have so many blog posts to share with you from my Prince Edward County and California travels!



So, friends, come with me, all the way back to the sunny days of July, as my sisters and I visited The Grange of Prince Edward Vineyards & Estate Winery for a tasting. The Grange of Prince Edward (or "The Grange") is a large, beautiful vineyard property with a stately rustic building as its tasting room. Although we didn't explore every nook and cranny of the building, what we experienced was a brightly lit, open and homey atmosphere, almost like being at someone's really nice cottage....except that here, the wine never runs out.



Once inside we were greeted by Winery Owner Caroline Granger's daughter Maggie, a Natalie Portman doppelgänger  with an upbeat energy and a vast amount of wine and marketing knowledge.

As my sisters and I tasted wine after wine and enjoyed some local cheese and bread, we truly enjoyed our time hosted by Maggie, a true professional who shared with us some great stories and a lot of laughs.




Caroline Granger herself even swung by to say hello which was great considering how hands-on she is at the winery, and therefore quite busy! She is truly passionate about what she does.

It was so great to be around women who are passionate about wine, and by this I mean both my sisters and the staff at The Grange. We especially liked hearing the stories about the two vineyard blocks and thus, wines named after two women in the Granger family: Victoria and Diana.



Definitely a stop I would make again during a trip to the county, The Grange of Prince Edward Vineyards & Estate Winery welcomed us with open arms and we truly enjoyed our time, and of course...the wine.



No comments:

Post a Comment