Monday, September 3, 2012

Prince Edward County: Waupoos Estates Winery



As summer comes to a close, what better time than this to look back and remember the good times. Speaking of good times, I thought I'd get back on the blogging train and share more photos and memories of the Prince Edward County trip I took with my sisters in July. Upon the night of our arrival we decided to dine at Waupoos Estates Winery's Gazebo Restaurant. We shared a nice bottle of their 2010 Baco Noir, and I opted for a delicious dish of local pickerel. 



A beautiful property fit for any event, Waupoos is a very pretty place to have dinner on a summer Friday night in Prince Edward County. I especially think this venue would be a great spot for a wedding, if anyone is thinking of getting hitched in the county. 







Walking around the property at dusk was so peaceful and it was great to head down to the dock and take a few breaths before heading into the restaurant to enjoy dinner. I always feel so relaxed in the country, and I think there will be many more trips to the county in my future.


It was a great meal to kick off our weekend and of course, it is always fun when I get together with my sisters....especially when we eat, drink and connect. Cheers! 

1 comment:

  1. Love. Love. Love this place. We visited earlier this summer too and I'm amazed we left - PEC is a slice of heaven. On the to-do list for this weekend is to place an order for more White Rabbit Wine - our 'bring home bottles' just didn't last as long as they should have *hiccup* they were simply too delish. Going to go back and drool at your photo of the pickerel.

    ReplyDelete