Thursday, July 1, 2010

Flourishing Herbs

All this rain has affected some of my herbs that like full sun, but there have been two resilient little guys who have prospered against the odds! As you may know, mint grows like crazy, and my Chocolate Mint plant has been reaching toward the skies more and more each day.



I've been using it in infused waters and fruit salads, and making sure I get a good whiff of its minty goodness every day! I plan to cook up some more mint-friendly dishes this summer, and perhaps make a few mojitos...

The other trusty soldier has been the hearty Oregano plant. I've been using it in pasta dishes, but I'd like to explore this herb more and I'm on the hunt for recipes!



My lettuce still has a long way to go, but I look forward to that day when I can harvest it for some tasty salads.

How are your herbs and veggies doing?

1 comment:

  1. Looking great! I just planted some Russian Blue Potatoes to make up for the murdered carrots, squash and cucumber. We'll see how it goes!

    ReplyDelete